Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I want to be a medical assistant

I want to be one...
Monday, October 20, 2008

Posted by Kitty
During my younger years, I wanted to be a doctor. At that time, it's either you want to be a doctor, a nurse, or a teacher. Time passed by, I never became a doctor. Not even took a course close to it. Now, I want to be a
medical assistant. Why? Because medical assistants perform routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the offices of physicians and other health practitioners running smoothly. Their duties vary from office to office, depending on the location and size of the practice and the practitioner’s specialty. They also perform many administrative duties, including answering telephones, greeting patients, updating and filing patients’ medical records, filling out insurance forms, handling correspondence, scheduling appointments, arranging for hospital admission and laboratory services, and handling billing and bookkeeping. And that's what I love about it.There are medical assistant schools now that offer this program. These schools are accredited, affordable and accessible certificate program for Medical Assistants. Is it time for me to change careers?