Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Medical Assistant Jobs

Career Plans
This 2009 I am really planning to pursue my career in nursing. I shall take NCLEX, etc. Though I am a registered Nurse here in the Philippines, I don’t plan to work here in Manila, as we all know Nurses here are overworked and underpaid. But who knows, I still might be one of them…Those who are ignorant always always sees nurses as medical assistants. This is a wrong connotation as medical assistants are professionals who are always required by law to work under the direct supervision of a licensed doctor/physician or registered nurse whenever they provide direct patient care procedures. There are many
Medical Assistant Schools available, being a Medical Assistant includes loads of work, therefore requires knowledge, skills and attitude. Work ranges from administrative duties to direct patient handling. From answering calls to updating patient’s file and medical records, they also arrange for hospital admissions and laboratory services. I am familiar with all these because I am a registered nurse. And if worst comes to worse I know I could work as MA in the US. This will definitely be easy for me, as I have already performed bedside Nursing, been assigned to ER, OR, Pedia. I’ve been rotated to almost all departments, giving me a good perception and orientation of Nursing Care. I still definitely hope of being a USRN… hopefully this year.
Posted by mem mallary-santiago at
7:11 AM
Labels: